Friday, May 1, 2015

Clinical elective at RMH (Day 9)

Day 9
There was a lung oncology clinic running right after the multidisciplinary meeting. Thanks to Dr. Philip for asking me whether I would like to join him. It took me a while to realise that he was a cardiothoracic surgeon. I was supposed to be joining lung oncology physician. *face palm* Anyway, It was my pleasure to join him. And hey, he knew Kuching. He also told me that he had been traveling to Sabah before. He was quite humorous. I got to know an interesting story from him. It was about a patient with Pancoast tumour who came to realise that he had unilateral drooping eyelid when he was comparing his self-portraits drawn by him himself. Often we heard of patients came to realise the abnormalities through mirrors rather than portraits. Hmm. There was one funny moment when he suddenly turned to me in the midst of conversation with one patient and was expecting me to mention the name of disease which he had been discussing. It was neurofibromatosis. Unable to react fast to the sudden unexpected question, my tongue just got tangled and it sounded like I had a slurred speech. I was like, “ Poly… nope .. neuro..neurofibro..fibromatosis.” Oh dear, another face palm. Nevertheless, the whole session was remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment